Fundamentals of the Air Transport System - Carleton University (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
5-day (37.5 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course provides a roadmap to the understanding of the air transport industry. It uses a multidisciplinary approach of analysis, combining economic and business principles, public policy, law and international relations, among others. A practitioner’s perspective is also provided to help you integrate theoretical concepts with real-life decisions of the various players in the air transport ecosystem.
This course must be completed first as part of the IATA - Carleton University Professional Certificate in Air Transportation Principles and Policy.
Course Code: TCVT-74-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official Carleton University professor or IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 37.5 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- A university degree is recommended. However, an acceptable combination of education and work experience could be considered based on consultation with the Program’s registration counsellor. You should work or recently have been recruited to work in a policymaking or regulatory governance role in air transport.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses in English.
How to register
Please register for the full IATA - Carleton University Professional Certificate in Air Transportation Principles and Policy program
View more details
View fewer details
Canada, Ottawa (CU-Virtual)
14 - 18 November, 2022
Please register by 01 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 159528
For more information about this course and the IATA - Carleton University, please contact:
Dr. Marc Rioux: email@example.com
Transportation Policy Innovation Centre – Carleton University
Richcraft Hall, Room 5222
1125 Colonel By Dr
K1S 5B6 Ottawa, Ontario
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Explain the key components of the sector as well as its economic and legal underpinnings
- Gain critical insights into the challenges and issues faced by airlines, airports, air
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Introduction to the air transport industry and its supply chain
- Air services supply and demand: determinants and characteristics
- Basic airline finance
- Airline business models
- International aviation organizations
- Safety, security and environmental considerations
- Airport and air navigation services
- Air transport agreements and arrangements
Who should attend
This course is recommended for entry- and intermediate-level analysts and managers in:
- The air transport industry
- Organizations that interact or do business with air transportation
A Carleton University certificate is awarded upon successful completion of the course and an assessment.