CASSLink is IATA's internet-based data processing and customer management system that facilitates interaction and exchange of information between airlines, freight forwarders and third parties participating in IATA Cargo Accounts Settlement System (CASS).
In order to ensure that CASSLink continues to deliver fast, secure and reliable service to all participants, IATA kicked-off the new CASSLink project, which aim is to modernize the current CASSLink platform to meet today and tomorrow’s CASS operational needs, making it more operationally efficient as well as more user-friendly.
The implementation of the renewed platform will start in February 2023, subject to systems readiness.
Discover the New CASSLink !
Scope of the project
- User-friendly and intuitive user interface
- A new XML-based input and output format that is IATA ONE Record compliant, and easy to connect with the users’ in-house system.
- Global / Regional access with one click
- Succinct dashboards and online statistics
- Self-service functions to configure data processing, reports and user management, etc.
- Real-time reporting and on-line dispute resolution
- Multi-language, including Asian language
- New tax calculation mechanism
- Legal compliance invoice generator
- Risk assessment tool
- New payment options
|New CASSLink platform development
|CNS (CASS US) Go live and migration to new platform
||29 August 2022|
|CASS Export Go live, kick off the migration||Phased rollout out, starting February 2023|
|CASS Import Go live, kick off the migration||Phased rollout out, starting Q1 2023|
|Current CASSLink platform decommissioned||End April 2023|
The main priority of the IATA team is to ensure that all relevant stakeholders are fully aware of the New CASSLink platform availability and features. To accomplish this objective, training resources will be created and made available online via tutorial videos, FAQs and user manuals.
The tutorial videos will be recorded in English with subtitles available in several languages.
More information about all these resources will be provided in January 2023.
The webinar registration will open in December 2022. An email notification will be sent to all CASSLink users.
Several training sessions will be provided in January/February 2023. Please click the date of the session where you want to register to.
Note: The dates indicated below are still subject to change.
We are continuously working to improve our CASSLink platform and processes to serve you better to face the evolving cargo business needs and emerging market trends.
The implementation of the new platform will follow a wave approach. These implementation waves will start from February 2023.
A full list of the different CASS countries included in each wave is available in the New CASSLink Migration Plan (pdf) document, as well as the full roadmap and roll-out date for each CASS. Please note that the dates mentioned in this document are subject to change.
- Wave 1 cutover by 15 February 2023 - User profile set up as of 6 February 2023
- Wave 2 cutover by 28 February 2023 - User profile set up as of 6 February 2023
- Wave 3 cutover by 15 April 2023 - User profile set up as of 3 April 2023
- Information will be available in January 2023.
To prepare the migration, please note the below important information:
- Format of billing data input and output files: No change
- SFTP connectivity will be moved to IATA iiNet at once (for the non-migrated countries, iiNet will push the billing files to the current CASSLink platform).
- User migration: Users who have not logged to the current CASSLink platform since 1 July 2022 will not be migrated to the New CASSLink.
This table presents the complete checklist and timeline for Waves 1 and 2. You can also download this checklist (pdf):
|Training||Opening the training webinar registration||December 2022|
|Training materials||User manual and link to the training materials will be available in the IATA customer portal.||January 2023|
|Training||Attend the training sessions.||January & February 2023|
Please be informed that only active CASSLink users who had logged in after 1 July 2022 in the current CASSLink, would be migrated to the new CASSLink. If any new user requires access to the new CASSLink platform after the migration, the user should be added by your CASSLink Administrator contact in the new CASSLink platform directly.
If you wish to access to the new CASSLink platform, please log in to the current CASSLink system by 8 January 2023.
|8 January 2023|
|User Management - Company administrator||
List of current users migrated to the new CASSLink platform will be provided to the company administrators with access rights in the current CASSLink.
If your company does not have any administrators, IATA will select the three active users of your company with the highest access rights in the current CASSLink system to be the Administrator contacts of your company to ensure they have the access right to handle user management after the system migration.
|Access CASSLink platform via IATA Customer Portal||
Access to the new CASSLink can only be done through the IATA Customer Portal
If you access the current CASSLink via the URL link, please register yourself in IATA Customer Portal to prepare your access to new CASSLink.
|IATA iiNet connectivity||For users with SFTP connectivity, you will be contacted by IATA team to change to IATA iiNet connectivity prior to the cutover day.||On-going|
|Users migration for Waves 1 and 2 countries||All users who last logged in after 1 July 2022 will be migrated to New CASSLink. The company administrators will have full access rights in the New CASSLink while the normal users will be migrated with the basic profile. The users’ access rights will be set up by the company administrators.||1 February 2023|
|User privilege setup||The New CASSLink will be open to the company administrator to set up the access rights for each user. Changes made in current CASSLink after 15 January 23 will not be migrated to the New CASSLink.||6 February 2023|
|Users not migrated||For users who are not migrated, the company will still see the activities conducted by the users in the past. There will be no impact on the invoicing history.||N/A|
|Wave 1 countries||Switch off the access to the current CASSLink platform.||11 February 2023|
|Wave 1 countries||Access to the New CASSLink platform.||15 February 2023|
|Wave 2 countries||Switch off the access to the current CASSLink platform.||24 February 2023|
|Wave 2 countries||Access to the New CASSLink platform.||28 February 2023|
List of changes in new CASSLink
- No option for receiving the billing output file (HOT/PDF) via emails. All the files or reports will be downloaded in the new CASSLink or setting up the distribution via IATA iiNET (i.e., SFTP) to your system.
- Improvement to the PDF Cargo Sales report. No change to the Excel and HOT
- Changes in the Cargo Sales PDF Report
- Remove “Notification” and “Sales Statistic Report” (wherever applicable)
- Add “Payment Summary” and Additional Adjustments & Charges (BTA)
- Management Statistics PDF report for airlines only. The format is remained unchanged, but the below items will be in a separate package:
- Notification Period
- Notification Year
- Courier Notification
- The access of new CASSLink must be via IATA Customer Portal. If you access the current CASSLink via the URL link, the access will be disable in the new CASSLink platform. Please register yourself in IATA Customer Portal to prepare your access to new CASSLink.
- The route analyzer will be decommissioned once the new CASSLink platform goes live. Please visit IATA CargoIS for the alternative solution.
- The Export Sales Statistics Reports for Greek Market will be decommissioned once the new CASSLink platform goes live. Please visit IATA CargoIS for the alternative solution.
- Only active CASSLink users who have logged in after 1 July 2022 in the current CASSLink, will be migrated to the new CASSLink.
- If any new user requires access to the new CASSLink platform after the migration, the user should be directly added by your CASSLink Administrator in the new CASSLink platform.
- If your company does not have any administrators, IATA will select the three active users of your company with the highest access rights in the current CASSLink system to be the Administrator contacts of your company to ensure they have the access right to handle user management after the system migration.
- In late January 2023, the list of current users with current access rights will be uploaded to “View Airline/Agent Docs” in the current CASSLink. When it is ready, we will post the notification under the current CASSLink.
- The system will be open around 10 days prior to the system going live for the user profile setup. The CASSLink Administrator will be able to review and edit the profile of other users. Normal users will be able to view their user access rights.
- For the purpose of this migration, please note the user profiles below and their corresponding access rights:
- Administrator (superuser): Full access
- Normal Airline user: Can view all functions plus "Input" with full functions (upload, validate and withdraw billing data files.
- Normal Agent user: Can view all functions plus "Output" with full functions (view and download)
- The CASSLink Administrator of your company will be able to edit your profile accordingly to fit to your company's individual needs once the new CASSLink platform is open for the user set-up.
- For any changes, please contact the CASSLink Administrator of your company to modify your profile
- If you would like to access the new CASSLink, please also contact the CASSLink Administrator of your company to grant you access.
- Click here for the details on the user profile setup and timeline.