Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Accepting DG Consignments - Initial (classroom)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
About the course
Personnel Responsible for Processing Dangerous Goods Consignments as per IATA DGR section 1.5 and in accordance with CBTA approach for function H.6.3
Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements and accept dangerous goods consignments for transportation by air with complete confidence. Learn from industry experts and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to correctly interpret and apply IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR). Be among the first to develop competencies commensurate with your job functions and responsibilities as required by the latest Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) framework. This course offers focused training and assessment essential for your organization to fulfil its responsibility towards ensuring a competent, well-trained workforce.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGG-61
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Fulfil the regulatory compliance requirements
- Perform tasks involved in accepting dangerous goods consignments
- Apply IATA’s DGR manual and verify accuracy of dangerous goods transport documents, packages, marking and labelling
- Discuss the legal responsibilities of stakeholders involved in the transportation of dangerous goods by air
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Legal responsibilities of important stakeholders
- Understanding and applying relevant sections of current IATA DGR
- Importance of accurate identification and classification of dangerous goods
- Safety implications of packaging types, and net quantity limitations
- End-to-end communication of hazards and handling requirements using correct marks and labels
- Radioactive material transportation
- Completing the acceptance checklist correctly to fulfil mandatory verification requirements
- Impact of State and Operator variations on dangerous goods acceptance
- Exercises and case studies; practical acceptance exercises based on simulated scenarios
- Final Assessment (theoretical/practical)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Personnel works for Airline, Cargo terminal operators, Freight Forwarder and Ground handling companies who:
- Responsible for accepting dangerous goods consignments
- Perform cargo acceptance of dangerous goods consignments
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.