Air Cargo Law and Convention (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
2-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Examine the impact of air cargo law developments on the airline business and understand the different approaches and solutions to the complex air cargo law issues. You will review the international conventions on
air law in relation to cargo liability, gain an overview of the IATA Cargo Service conference and IATA Cargo
Agency conference, and explore the difference between agent and forwarder liability.
Course Code: TALL-11-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes, and additional time is required for self-study, exercises,
and final examination.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe the key points of the Warsaw and Montreal
conventions in relation to cargo transportation
Examine the liability of airlines for loss of or damage
- Explain how multimodal transportation (air/road)
affects the liability of air carriers
- Identify the legal challenges faced by e-freight and
- Apply recommended cargo practices and standard
conditions of the contract
- Describe the IATA Cargo Agency Program
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Cargo liability under the international air law
- Cargo liability in multimodal (air/road) cargo
- IATA Resolutions and Recommended Practices
on cargo-related documents of transport
- Agent versus forwarder liability
- The multilateral e-air waybill (e-AWB)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline in-house counsel
- Shippers’ in-house counsel, including freight
- Government officials involved in the air
- Aviation lawyers in private practice
- Lawyers in related fields seeking an
understanding of international air cargo law
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.