Air Cargo Management Diploma
About the diploma
Understand the complex and changing issues required to maximize all aspects of the cargo business.
What you will learn
- Understand the global cargo world to avoid strategic and tactical
- Reduce your operating costs and maintain optimum levels of
- Capitalize on the changes within the cargo industry by
researching and planning effectively
- Understand shippers' changing needs and how to adjust your
business for immediate results
- Improve your competitive performance by acquiring exceptional
Who should attend
- Cargo commercial managers
- Cargo operations managers
- Freight forwarders
- Cargo agents
Candidates must complete 4 Required courses and 1 Elective course within three years.
A passing mark of 70% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 4 Required and 1 selected Elective course that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 4 Required courses
- 1 Elective courses
Air Cargo Management (classroom)
Review the cargo system with an international perspective, focusing on the business, operations and regulatory fundamentals.
Cargo Airline Management with Business Simulation (classroom)
An in-depth exploration of the fundamentals of cargo airline business management strategy, skills, and development tools.
Cargo Marketing and Advertising (classroom)
Examine cargo demand and create marketing solutions for your target market; strategize creative and cost-effective marketing.
Cargo Revenue Management with Optimization Simulations (classroom)
Manage sales, pricing, inventory and systems to capture revenue opportunities and remain competitive.
Air Cargo Law and Convention (classroom)
Improve your knowledge of international air cargo law conventions and recommended practices to better serve your organization and clients.
Cargo Claims and Complaint Handling (classroom)
This course will provide you with the knowledge of the current crucial legal aspects of carriage of cargo by air for all industry stakeholders who are concerned with effective cargo claims handling and loss prevention.
Cargo Sales and Key Account Management (classroom)
Gain a wide range of tools and techniques to develop a strategic sales plan in a competitive air cargo industry.
Managing Air Cargo Operations (classroom)
Learn effective techniques of managing Air Cargo Operations in order to save money, avoid risks, and enhance operations.