Aircraft Decommissioning: Regulations, Economics and Sustainability (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
2-day (10 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
In this 2-day virtual classroom course you will receive guidance on business processes, operational experiences and best practices in the industry, reinforced with exercises, discussions, and role play to equip you with the knowledge to optimize the residual value from aircraft decommissioning.
Course Code: TALG-89-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 10 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of General airline operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
6 - 7 December, 2022
Register before 05 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 22 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 158970
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Optimize the timing of aircraft retirement
- Make a well-founded selection of storage or disassembly facilities
- Plan suitable quality, safety and environmental management of the aircraft decommissioning process
- Optimize the realisation of residual value from aircraft decommissioning
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aging aircraft market
- Aircraft decommissioning process:
- Structure and stakeholders
- Economic and operational parameters
- Decommissioning scenarios
- Specialized facilities
- Dismantling and recycling
- Re-use of aircraft parts
Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Best industry Practices for Aircraft Decommissioning (BiPAD) manual in e-book format (list price of USD349). It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline Maintenance, Repair and Overhaul (MRO)
- Airline and lessors fleet planning
- Recycling companies
- Eco-business developers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Environmental Sustainability Practitioner Diploma
You will learn through a hands-on course how to design a sustainability strategy, explore more about environmental management systems and gain a good understanding of how carbon markets work, all of which are key elements in reducing a company’s environmental impact.
Environmental Sustainability Expert Diploma
Build on your environmental and sustainability knowledge with this in-depth aviation-focused diploma. Three mandatory courses have been developed especially to take your expertise to the next level.