Airline Business Foundations with Management Game (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 652 participants from 56 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Understand how the airline industry works with this highly interactive 3-day course, using a mixture of modules on different aviation topics, classroom discussions, and an airline video game allowing you to create and manage your own airline! Learning will be mainly driven by instructor-led classroom activities, including lectures, discussions and case studies. In support of these, a web-based management game, IATA Airlines Manager Business Edition, will offer you opportunities to apply your learning in an immersive, playful, yet realistic environment.
Course code: TALG-01-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
9 - 11 November, 2022
Register before 09 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 26 Oct
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148776
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Summarize key economic, political, revenue and cost trends in today’s environment
- Describe and understand the major commercial functional areas of an airline
- Develop practical initiatives to improve revenues, increase productivity and reduce costs
- Use common aviation terminology to present the industry legal & regulatory framework
- Use the online game – Airline Manager Business Edition – to develop and use a high-level business plan for a virtual airline start-up
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Industry awareness
- Airline business models and financial structure
- Airline alliances
- Revenue forecasting and revenue management
- Airline regulation and environment
- Airline marketing
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline managers seeking a broader view of the industry beyond their own function
- Managers new to the industry
- Representatives of aviation related companies and suppliers to the airline industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Aviation Policy and Regulations Diploma
An overview of the regulatory and legal regimes, as well as the international industry affairs applicable to all aspects of the aviation industry.
Network Development and Management Diploma
This diploma provides the basis and practical know-how to effectively develop the skills required to achieve key commercial objectives.
Airline Management Diploma
Gain the skills to anticipate, respond, and adapt to the demands of a changing industry.