2-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course will help you to improve your understanding of the latest trends and opportunities in airline distribution and apply it towards shaping your own commercial strategy, particularly from the retailing and digitization focus. The course covers the evolution and current state of the existing distribution architecture in the industry as well as the key stakeholders in the value chain and provides in-depth information about the latest technology developments and future trends in the industry from commercial, architecture and business model perspectives. Key retailing business concepts, such as dynamic offer creation and payment ecosystem are explored in detail and you will have the opportunity to discuss your own cases with the instructor.
Course Code: TALM-63-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 2 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have a minimum of 3 years working experience.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the current airline distribution ecosystem and list the common challenges and limitations
- Discuss the impact of technology on changes in value proposition opportunities and cost reduction
- Conceptualize and apply your commercial strategy for building dynamic offers and payment ecosystem
- Assess the retailing readiness and potential of your airline and how you can adopt to industry transition
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Airline distribution systems
- Key drivers of industry change
- Customer value proposition
- Airline retailing with offers and orders
- Fulfilment with orders
- Dynamic orders, pricing and bundling
- Payments in airline distribution
- Commercial opportunities and next steps
This course is recommended for:
- Head/Director/VP of retailing or sales
- IT and Distribution professionals
- E-commerce professionals
- Pricing and revenue managers
- Sales and marketing managers
- Customer service managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.