A-CDM in Airport and Ground Operations (Classroom, 3 days)
Airport and ground operations processes involve several well-defined activities that need to be completed on a timely basis for specific objectives to be achieved. In cases where such activities cannot be completed on time, certain decisions are required. Such decisions may result in a change in priorities or the activation of an alternative course of action. Most decisions can impact several of the partners concerned with the process and therefore the decisions should be made collaboratively. In practice, this collaboration is often missing, with the result that the decisions made adversely affect one or more partners and hence the overall operation.
In this course you will learn how to apply the techniques of collaborative decision making (CDM) in the context of airports (A-CDM) and ground operations, and how to unleash the power of shared information so that the impact of decisions on the work of the partners’ operations becomes visible. Learn how to build trust among partners to ensure the willingness to both share information and use the shared information, resulting in better-informed decisions and increase the efficiency of airports and the on-time-performance of ground operations. Presented in the context of Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) and the process-based business service-oriented reinterpretation of the original A-CDM concept, this course brings to you the next development level of A-CDM that is even more powerful, adaptable and quality-oriented than its predecessor.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TAPG-61
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have a good knowledge of the processes involved in aircraft turnaround and terminal services
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
8 - 10 September, 2020
Register before 10 Jun, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 18 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110674
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Switzerland, Geneva (IATA)
21 - 23 October, 2020
Register before 23 Jul, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 30 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 110673
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design and run an A-CDM project based on TBO and business services
- Explain the A-CDM concept as a way of working
- Build trust among partners to facilitate the sharing of information
- Maximize the use of shared information to build efficiency
- Streamline airport and ground operations processes to gain benefits
- Describe Trajectory Based Operations
- Discuss the power of business services and business rules
- Develop the A-CDM concept to even higher levels of partner benefits
- CDM to develop efficient airport and ground operations processes
- Key issues associated with A-CDM
- Building trust with airport partners
- A-CDM business case
- Identifying the processes involved
- Trajectory based operations on the airside, landside and even in the terminal
- Defining the business services
- Defining the business rules
- Developing an effective A-CDM implementation project
- Defining the requirements, including IT tools to support an A-CDM project
- The foundations of even more advanced A-CDM concept applications
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers
- Ground operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: