A-CDM in Airport and Ground Operations (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Airport and ground operations processes involve several well-defined activities that need to be completed on a timely basis for specific objectives to be achieved. In cases where such activities cannot be completed on time, certain decisions are required. Such decisions may result in a change in priorities or the activation of an alternative course of action. Most decisions can impact several of the partners concerned with the process and therefore the decisions should be made collaboratively. In practice, this collaboration is often missing, with the result that the decisions made adversely affect one or more partners and hence the overall operation.
In this course you will learn how to apply the techniques of collaborative decision making (CDM) in the context of airports (A-CDM) and ground operations, and how to unleash the power of shared information so that the impact of decisions on the work of the partners’ operations becomes visible. Learn how to build trust among partners to ensure the willingness to both share information and use the shared information, resulting in better-informed decisions and increase the efficiency of airports and the on-time-performance of ground operations. Presented in the context of Trajectory Based Operations (TBO) and the process-based business service-oriented reinterpretation of the original A-CDM concept, this course brings to you the next development level of A-CDM that is even more powerful, adaptable and quality-oriented than its predecessor.
Course Code: TAPG-61-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have a good knowledge of the processes involved in aircraft turnaround and terminal services
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Design and run an A-CDM project based on TBO and business services
- Explain the A-CDM concept as a way of working
- Build trust among partners to facilitate the sharing of information
- Maximize the use of shared information to build efficiency
- Streamline airport and ground operations processes to gain benefits
- Describe Trajectory Based Operations
- Discuss the power of business services and business rules
- Develop the A-CDM concept to even higher levels of partner benefits
- CDM to develop efficient airport and ground operations processes
- Key issues associated with A-CDM
- Building trust with airport partners
- A-CDM business case
- Identifying the processes involved
- Trajectory based operations on the airside, landside and even in the terminal
- Defining the business services
- Defining the business rules
- Developing an effective A-CDM implementation project
- Defining the requirements, including IT tools to support an A-CDM project
- The foundations of even more advanced A-CDM concept applications
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airport managers
- Ground operations managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: