Airside Safety Management & Compliance (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 379 participants from 64 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Safety compliance in airside operations is the key to avoiding injuries, costly incidents and damaging accidents. This course will demonstrate how to align with the latest regulations and best practices, providing detailed explanations on the role of airside safety in the Safety Management System (SMS).
Course Code: TALP-07-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Apply fundamental procedures to protect the aircraft from damage and ground staff from harm
- Eliminate or control potential hazards
- Identify and manage “human factors” with the greatest influence on airside safety
- Improve overall airside safety performance and operational efficiency
- Airport environment terminology and layouts
- Safety culture
- Employer and employee responsibilities
- SMS (ICAO framework): introduction
- Human factors influence
- Safety measures during
- Aircraft pushback and start-up
- Turnaround inspections
- Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Foreign Object Debris (FOD) prevention program
- Airside accident reporting
- Emergency situations
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ramp Safety Supervisors
- Safety and operations officers
- Ground operations managers and supervisors
- Airport managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma