Aviation and the Environment (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 75 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
At a time when the aviation industry is reeling from the impact of the Covid-19 virus, the need for the industry to be a good corporate citizen has never been greater. Learn how airlines and airports are trying to reduce and minimize their environmental impact, as well as their plans for continued future improvement. Discover how you can evaluate and address the specific environmental challenges facing your organization.
Course Code: TCVG-05-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- A basic knowledge of common environmental issues could be helpful.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
5 - 8 December, 2022
Register before 04 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 21 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149160
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
11:00-12:30 & 13:00-14:30 Beijing/Singapore
7:00-8:30 & 9:00-10:30 Dubai
4:00-5:30 & 6:00-7:30 Geneva/Paris
3:00-4:30 & 5:00-6:30 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify key factors for a sustainable aviation sector
- Address specific environmental challenges within your organization
- Develop evaluation methods for proper environmental assessment and management
- Update communication messages and tools
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Aviation emissions, the 4-pillar strategy & CORSIA
- Noise disturbance and the “Balanced Approach”
- Local Air Quality
- Waste and water management
- Wildlife diversity
- Environmental and Sustainability Management Systems
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport operators
- Civil aviation and regulatory authorities
- Aircraft and engine manufacturers
- Airport operators
- Air navigation service providers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Environmental Sustainability Champion Diploma
A blend of courses to help you to start on your road to environmental sustainability and gain a full understanding of the challenges that aviation is facing, ranging from carbon emissions, human and wildlife trafficking, including the public perception of aviation and greenwashing.
Aviation Policy and Regulations Diploma
An overview of the regulatory and legal regimes, as well as the international industry affairs applicable to all aspects of the aviation industry.
Civil Aviation Management Diploma
Strengthen your management skills and strategies to use in your civil aviation authority.