Aviation Lead Auditor (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 400 participants from 60 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (24 hours) classroom course
Gain the essential knowledge required to become a lead auditor by further developing your practical audit management and team leadership skills. Over three days, you will refine your skills in planning, managing and conducting audits in the aviation industry. Through different activities, you will consolidate your competencies to lead audit activities, including how to conduct professional opening and closing meetings, how to manage conflicts, and ways in which you can verify the effectiveness of corrective actions.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALP-57
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of auditing and have auditing experience.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
19 - 21 December, 2022
Register before 18 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 28 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148804
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main international reference regulations relevant to Quality Assurance
- Outline how to manage an audit team
- Prepare and lead an audit
- Evaluate the suitability of Corrective Action Plans
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulations and standards
- ISO Quality Standards
- Leadership skills
- Team management
- Conflict management
- Plan and prepare an audit
- Lead and perform an audit
- Prepare audit reports
- Conduct audit follow-u
- Role play exercises
- Group discussion
- Case Studies
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Internal auditors
- Quality managers
- Quality postholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Quality Management Diploma
Learn how to design and implement a QMS that includes a document control system and internal audit processes.