Aviation Lead Auditor (Classroom, 3 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Gain the essential knowledge required to become a lead auditor by further developing your practical audit management and team leadership skills. Over three days, you will refine your skills in planning, managing and conducting audits in the aviation industry. Through practical exercises and role play, you will consolidate your competences to lead audit activities, including how to conduct professional opening and closing meetings, how to manage conflicts, and ways in which you can verify the effectiveness of corrective actions.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALP-57
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of auditing and have auditing experience
- Recommended level is Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Trinidad and Tobago, Piarco (TTCAA-RTP)
23 - 25 November, 2020
Please register by 02 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 126005
This class is offered in cooperation with Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority (TTCAA). A regional course fee of is applicable to course participants from Trinidad and Tobago.
For registration and payment information please contact:
Tel: +1 868 668 8222 ext. 2181, 2155
Trinidad and Tobago Civil Aviation Authority (TTCAA)
Caroni North Bank
Trinidad and Tobago
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main international reference regulations relevant to Quality Assurance
- Identify the leadership skills required for Lead Auditors
- Manage an audit team
- Prepare and lead an audit
- Conduct an opening/closing meeting
- Evaluate the suitability of Corrective Action Plans
- Regulations and standards
- ICAO-Quality Assurance Standards and Recommended Practices
- EASA, FAA, Transport Canada requirements
- ISO Quality Standards
- Leadership skills
- Team management
- Conflict management
- Plan and prepare an audit
- Lead and perform an audit
- Prepare audit reports
- Conduct audit follow-up
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Internal auditors
- Quality managers
- Quality postholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: