Aviation Lead Auditor (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 400 participants from 60 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (9 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Gain the essential knowledge required to become a lead auditor by further developing your audit management and team leadership skills. Over 3 days through a combination of interactive instructor-led sessions, exercises and case studies, you will refine your skills in planning, managing and conducting audits in the aviation industry. Through different activities, you will consolidate your competencies to lead audit activities, including how to conduct professional opening and closing meetings, how to manage conflicts, and ways in which you can verify the effectiveness of corrective actions.
Course code: TALP-57-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 9 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day of 180 minutes.
- Each day of the course will include live interactive virtual classroom sessions requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of auditing and have auditing experience.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
24 - 26 October, 2023
Register before Jul 24, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 10 Oct
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172295
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main international reference regulations relevant to Quality Assurance
- Outline how to manage an audit team
- Prepare and lead an audit
- Evaluate the suitability of Corrective Action Plans
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulations and standards
- ISO Quality Standards
- Leadership skills
- Team management
- Conflict management
- Plan and prepare an audit
- Lead and perform an audit
- Prepare audit reports
- Conduct audit follow-up
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Internal auditors
- Quality managers
- Quality postholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma