Aviation Lead Auditor (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 400 participants from 60 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Gain the essential knowledge required to become a lead auditor by further developing your audit management and team leadership skills. Over 3 days through a combination of interactive instructor-led sessions, exercises and case studies, you will refine your skills in planning, managing and conducting audits in the aviation industry.
Through different activities, you will consolidate your competencies to lead audit activities, including how to conduct professional opening and closing meetings, how to manage conflicts, and ways in which you can verify the effectiveness of corrective actions.
Course code: TALP-57-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- Each day of the course will include live interactive virtual classroom sessions requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of auditing and have auditing experience.
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the main international reference regulations relevant to Quality Assurance
- Outline how to manage an audit team
- Prepare and lead an audit
- Evaluate the suitability of Corrective Action Plans
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulations and standards
- ISO Quality Standards
- Leadership skills
- Team management
- Conflict management
- Plan and prepare an audit
- Lead and perform an audit
- Prepare audit reports
- Conduct audit follow-up
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Internal auditors
- Quality managers
- Quality postholders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Quality Management Diploma
Learn how to design and implement a QMS that includes a document control system and internal audit processes.