Did you know that in the past 4 years, 78 participants from 41 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (4 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Are you starting out in the air cargo industry and want to gain valuable insights in the air cargo market and business fundamentals? Explore air cargo strategies, sales, market and competitor analysis especially in demanding times and help your company to tackle the current challenges. This one-day course delivered by an air cargo industry expert will give you a quick but profound insight to the cargo business fundamentals and direct you to a successful business recovery.
Course code: TCGG-33-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 4 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The course will include live interactive virtual classroom sessions requiring your participation, multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the current developments in air cargo markets
- Be familiar with successful strategies in crises and recovery periods
- Discuss important sales and marketing guidelines during challenging times
- Discover product management and pricing for urgently needed commodities
- Differentiate Market and Competitor analysis and find out how to use them for quick business recovery
- Relate the importance of customer service in difficult times
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Introduction and overview of the air cargo market developments
- Strategies for crisis times and recovery
- Sales and marketing in stressful situations
- Product management and pricing for urgently needed commodities
- Market and competitor analysis during Corona Virus lockdown and afterwards
- Customer service in difficult times
This course is recommended for:
- New entrants to the air cargo industry
- Employees from other areas to be deployed in air cargo sales or operations
- Junior agents, interns, counter clerks, operations personnel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.