Did you know that in the past 4 years, 14 participants from 7 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
A strategy is a plan of action for an organization to follow in order to achieve a long-term business goal. With a clear strategy, an organization can gain advantages by focusing its direction and refining its scope in an ever-changing environment. It can do this through the configuration of resources and competences to fulfill shareholder expectations. This virtual course will introduce you to new managerial perspectives and show you how to create strategic pillars, develop encouraging business strategies and materialize plans with accuracy, while working towards a common strategic goal.
Course Code: TCGG-51-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- 60-minute video-supported real-time exercise.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants must hold a valid Certificate from the IATA Cargo Business Foundation course; and should have prior knowledge of the air cargo business.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Develop creative innovation processes for developing and building future business strategies and strategic pillars in air cargo growth
- Assimilate a structured, high-level, but potentially out-of-the-box thinking-approach to initiate a planning process
- Recognize the importance of monitoring tools and how to keep focus on ROI (return on investment)
- Recognize different improvement processes and tools to drive your business strategy
- Discuss the managerial methodology and basics of a decision making and business planning processes
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Drivers and constraints in company growth and in air cargo
- Concept frameworks to set strategies
- Fundamentals of business strategies
- Terminology, planning cycles, responsibilities
- Effective, strategic decision making processes, and goal and target setting
- Performance and productivity monitoring
- Analyzing the size and composition of your target market, distribution channels
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.