Air Cargo Sales (LIVE virtual classroom)
About the course
1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Success in air cargo sales is the result of discipline, dedication and a good sales strategy! This unique course will provide you with a wide range of tools and techniques to develop a strategic sales plan in a competitive air cargo industry. Learn how to observe and monitor your market environment, understand what your customers are looking for and how to focus on the right solutions to help them. Following a case study, you will learn how to benchmark a company’s sales plan to determine areas for improvement.
Course Code: TCGG-48-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Air Cargo Business.
- Recommended level is Intermedaite.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
28 November, 2022
Register before 28 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 14 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149325
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
16:00-18:00 & 19:00-21:00 Beijing/Singapore
12:00-14:00 & 15:00-17:00 Dubai
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 Geneva/Paris
8:00-10:00 & 11:00-13:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Maximize returns on your sales investments
- Identify your customers’ needs and wishes
- Know how to sell and establish long-term relationships
- Forecast, plan and prospect effectively
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Key forces affecting competition within the industry
- Characteristics of key business markets
- Customer relationship management
- Developing prospects
- Defining a sales strategy
- The sales proposal
- Contract management best practice
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Sales executives and managers of logistic companies in air cargo including freight forwarders, consolidators, airlines, general sales agents but also from the air cargo shippers industry
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Air Cargo Business Development Diploma
This virtual diploma gives in-depth exploration of the fundamentals and foundation of air cargo business management strategy, skills and development tools, and will equip you with critical competencies to succeed in an ever-changing global air cargo business environment.