Did you know that in the past 3 years, 15 participants from 9 countries have taken this course with IATA?
1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Success in air cargo marketing and product management is the result of discipline, focus and a good marketing and product strategy! The air cargo marketing and product management is a unique virtual course that will provide you a wide range of tools and techniques to develop a strategic marketing plan in a competitive air cargo industry. Learn how to look around in your market environment, understand what your customers are looking for and focus on the right solutions to help them.
Course Code: TCGG-53-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior
knowledge of the Air Cargo Industry.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Gain a broader understanding of current airline business performance, marketing and product issues
- Recognize the new role of airline marketing and product management
- Relate advanced level marketing concepts and techniques
- Comprehend the changes and opportunities the internet and e-commerce brings to air cargo
- Evaluate various marketing and product approaches and tactics
- Discuss the managerial methodology and basics of product positioning
- Appreciate the importance of a pricing strategy and the need for a secondary pricing strategy
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Key marketing concepts and strategies
- Marketing research and information
- Product management and branding
- Product positioning and promotion
- Pricing strategy and tools, and right time to review pricing
- Product price elasticity and distribution channels
- Marketing in crisis times
This course is recommended for:
- Sales, product and marketing staff at the air cargo and logistics industry
- Sales executives, Key account managers
- Customer service staff
- Professionals in commercial and marketing functions
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.