Air Cargo Revenue Optimization (LIVE virtual classroom)
Learn the fundamental air cargo revenue management procedures and
optimization skills. This course provides solid basic knowledge about steering revenue and
demand, while optimizing pricing and capacity in the air cargo and logistics industry.
This virtual course will help you gain a comprehensive, valuable and practical
insight into revenue management procedures. These procedures have a direct
impact on your company´s performance, and with this additional knowledge you
will have the possibility of increasing your contribution to your company.
Course Code: TCGG-52-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- 60-minute video-supported real-time exercise
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants must hold a valid Certificate from the IATA Cargo Business Foundation course; and should have prior knowledge of air cargo supply chain processes and a basic financial understanding of the air cargo business and models.
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
23 September, 2021
Register before 02 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 08 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141367
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
15 December, 2021
Register before 14 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 01 Dec
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141374
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe an overview of the air cargo industry in regards to revenue steering and optimization
- Relate the revenue management role and its principals
- Identify revenue management systems and performance monitoring
- Explain overbooking factors, discounted allocations and respective inventory control
- Discuss the delicate balance between demand and supply for effective management of revenue and contribution
- Overview of the drivers and constraints of the air cargo industry in critical times
- How structural changes and trends influence revenue management
- Revenue management principles, optimization and benefits
- Contribution methods and margin calculations
- Demand/capacity forecasting and handling of overbookings
- Market segmentation, product and pricing in regards to revenue management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Frontline and supervisors from logistics and cargo agents, consolidators, freight forwarders, airlines involved in the transport of air cargo or purchasing cargo capacity
- Individuals willing to enhance or refresh their knowledge
- Individuals who are new to their responsibility or recently joined the cargo unit
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: