Air Cargo Route Profitability (LIVE virtual classroom)
It is imperative for airlines and logistics companies purchasing cargo capacities to economize every single cent and employ their assets efficiently to cut down expenses and enhance profitability. This involves meticulous analysis of information and intelligent judgments. One of the fundamental elements, which define the future, is route profitability. This course provides you with a helicopter view of methods to determine whether a specific course of action is rewarding or not, during a given time period. It will empower you to make rapid decisions on whether to alter, supplement or exclude routes from your network or schedule.
Course Code: TCGG-49-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 1 day
- There will be 2 sessions, each session will be 120 minutes
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- 60-minute video-supported real-time exercise
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants must hold a valid Certificate from the IATA Cargo Business Foundation course; and should have prior knowledge of air cargo business processes.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
24 September, 2021
Register before 03 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 09 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141368
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
16 December, 2021
Register before 15 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 02 Dec
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141375
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Acquire an in-depth managerial realization how profitability depends on network and schedule planning
- Develop, maintain and implement a basic network strategy plan aimed at achieving the performance targets defined
- Maximize the network-wide profit through flight selection, aircraft rotation planning and routing
- Recognize the delicate balance between route profitability and network contribution
- Be aware of key elements for profitability
- Identify cost and revenue optimization opportunities
- Be familiar with cost elements and cost allocations
- Network and schedule planning methodologies
- Cargo airline economics and dynamics
- Flight operation cost structure
- Pros and cons of hub-systems and deregulation
- Forecasting systematics
- Traffic flow, schedule design and planning
- Processes involving network optimization
- Data analytics including period type, operational information, traffic type, cost, revenue and profit
- KPI Structures including cost KPIs, operational KPIs, revenue KPIs and other KPIs
- Tools to measure and monitor route profitability
- Post flight analysis
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Air Cargo and logistics executives, management, high-potential and future leaders
- Functional managers recently transitioned or will soon transition into a business leadership position
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: