1-day (8 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA’s 1-day course on CEIV Live Animal Refresher training is designed to fulfil the 3-year CEIV Live Animals refresher training requirement, which can be applied within businesses to ensure compliance with common regulations, quality and ethical standards. Any entity engaged in reservations, acceptance, handling and transportation of live animals need to have the systems, procedures, infrastructure, equipment, processes and qualified personnel in place, ensuring animals are transported safely and humanely and provide a compliant, fast and reliable service to animal owners.
You will be given the opportunity to remind yourself of the concepts of a quality management system (QMS), quality assurance, continuous improvement and other quality service-driving concepts and tools. You will also learn about changes to the Live Animals Regulations and the CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist.
Course Code: CELA-03-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 8 hours to complete and be held over 2 day.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of the current IATA Live Animals Regulations and have completed the IATA Live Animals Cargo Logistics Management course.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply the recent updates of the IATA Live Animals Regulations
- Explain and utilize the latest CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist
- Apply audit findings to ensure quality across your operations
- Apply gained insights in regulatory driven air freight requirements
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Recent updates to the Live Animals Regulations
- Quality and compliance
- Critical control points and risk management
- Recent updates to the CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist
Each participant will receive a copy of the latest IATA Live Animals Regulations manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
This course is recommended for:
- Airline management working in: Live Animals Product Management, Cargo Quality, Warehouse and Ramp Operations, Training, Internal Auditors
- Ground Handlers, Freight forwarders and Pet Shipping companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Note: This certificate is valid for 36 months.