Did you know that in the past 5 years, 119 participants from 15 countries have taken this course with IATA?
4-day (29 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
The IATA Integrated Risk Management (IRM) methodology has been specially designed for the aviation industry to be used as a guide for airlines, ground handlers, airports and regulatory authorities to move from operational safety risk assessment to a fully integrated risk management across the organization. Over 4 days, learn about the IATA IRM methodology and obtain the tools to implement a risk management process within your organization – from corporate risks to operational-related risks.
Course Code: TAPH-46-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 29 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 150 minutes with 20 hours of online instruction and 9 hours of homework. Please note that you will have up to 48 hours to complete your course assignment after the end of the course.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Explain the challenges impeding the risk management implementation and the importance for a holistic risk management
- Describe and tailor-fit the IATA IRM methodology to implement a best-fit risk management process
- Conduct a corporate risk management workshop in your organization to develop comprehensive risk registers using the sample templates provided
- Use the risk profiles and risk treatment action plans (risk registers) developed in the course as samples to be further customized to fit your professional area
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- What is integrated risk management?
- The need for risk management and how to achieve business goals and to comply with regulatory requirements (e.g., ISO31000, AIRMIC UK Risk Management Standard)
- What is risk? – what can go wrong and what can go right
- Risk management process
- Risk management (RM) components
- Critical requirements for RM implementation and benefits of RM to sustain buy-in
This course is recommended for:
- Senior management
- Risk management personnel
- Aviation professionals in strategy or corporate planning, commercial, operational areas, support functions
- Regulators and civil aviation authorities
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.