Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Preparing DG Consignments - Initial (classroom)
You can also take this course online in a LIVE virtual classroom setting:
About the course
4-day (32 hours) classroom course
For Personnel Responsible for Preparing Dangerous Goods Consignments as per IATA DGR section 1.5 and in accordance with CBTA approach for well-defined function H.6.1. | Previously covered under categories 1 & 2.
Find out more about the CBTA approach well-defined functions, current courses and previous corresponding categories
Ensure compliance with all safety and regulatory requirements to prepare dangerous goods consignments and the necessary accompanying documentations for transportation by air with complete confidence. Learn from industry experts and acquire the necessary knowledge and skills to correctly interpret and apply IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR). Be among the first to develop competencies commensurate with your job functions and responsibilities as required by the latest Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) framework. This course offers focused training and assessment essential for your organization to fulfil its responsibility towards ensuring a competent, well-trained workforce.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course Code: TCGG-65
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Fulfil the regulatory compliance requirements
- Perform tasks involved in preparing dangerous goods consignments and documentation
- Apply IATA’s DGR manual to process accurately of dangerous goods consignments
- Recognize the legal responsibilities of stakeholders involved in transportation of dangerous goods by air
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Legal responsibilities of key stakeholders
- Understanding and applying relevant sections of current IATA DGR
Classification and identification of dangerous goods
- Required transport documentations: Dangerous Goods Declaration (DGD), air waybill
- Safety implications of packaging types, and net quantity limitations
- End-to-end communication of hazards and handling requirements using correct marks and labels
- Packing, marking and labelling requirements: UN
Specifications, limited quantities and other packaging
- Reporting to appropriate authorities as required
- Class exercises, practical shipment and documentation exercises
- Case studies
- Final Assessment (theoretical/practical)
- Each participant will receive a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual in e-book format. It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for personnel involved in preparing dangerous goods consignments:
- Shippers and packers
- Manufacturers and exporters of dangerous goods or products contain dangerous goods
- Cargo agents, Consolidators and Freight Forwarder
- Operator’s staff acting as shippers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Dangerous Goods Operations Diploma
Learn the regulatory requirements to handle the air transport of dangerous goods.