Emergency Planning and Response for Airlines (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 822 participants from 99 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (20 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course is designed to give emergency response planning (ERP) managers and their deputies the know-how to prepare their airline for emergencies and crises, thus gaining respect and trust within the airlines Emergency Response Organization. Leaders and subject matter experts from various airline departments will learn how best to contribute to their airline’s ability and capacity to plan and respond to emergencies and crisis and to be recognized as reliable and supporting members of the airline’s crisis management team. Airline managerial staff will learn about the impacts of emergencies and crises on the airline as a whole. They will acquire the self-reliance and confidence needed to contribute and improve their department’s Emergency Response Plans (ERP) and define important elements of Business Continuity Planning.
Course code: TALP-04-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 20 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 240 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
Are you looking for an awareness course on airport emergency response?
Check out the IATA - Airport Emergency Response Awareness e-learning course.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
19 - 22 September, 2022
Register before 29 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 161955
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
15:00-17:00 & 18:00-20:00 Beijing/Singapore
11:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00 Dubai
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 Geneva/Paris
7:00-9:00 & 10:00-12:00 UTC
Please note that these timings may be subject to change.
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Describe the fundamentals of emergency planning and response, and crisis management
- Summarize the organization, network, regulatory framework and alarm concepts of ERP
- List the cornerstones of an Emergency Response Organization (command and leadership, care, communication)
- Identify key aspects of activities of stations and Go-teams
- Draft an ERP and train your staff on emergency response and other crisis situations
- Explain “Post Emergency” and “Business Continuity” planning
The key topics that are covered during this course include
- ERP organization and network
- Regulations and best practices governing airline ERP
- Emergency response coordination and leadership
- Crisis communications
- Finance and legal issues
- Business Continuity Planning
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency response planning managers and their deputies
- Airline managerial staff
- Departmental leaders and SMEs
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Operations Diploma
Learn the skills to manage airline operations, ground operations, and to implement emergency response programs.
Safety Management for Airlines Diploma
Gain a complete and updated knowledge on the current safety management issues and best practices.