Emergency Planning and Response for Airlines (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Airlines must have the ability and the capacity to respond to a disaster (e.g. aircraft accidents, non-aircraft occurrences) or a crisis with knowledgeable, trained and skilled persons with appropriate qualifications on the managerial and expert / specialist level. This course gives you the skills you need to take on a leadership role in an airline emergency response organization. Learn about the design, implementation and optimization of an Emergency Response Plan (ERP) according to industry practice and regulatory requirements. To ensure readiness and cooperation among all staff, review training methods that will help you deliver ERP exercises, and rally support from involved parties.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALP-04
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Plan, develop and execute an emergency plan, plus coordinate the parties and processes involved
- Advocate for the role and responsibilities of the emergency planning specialist within an airline
- Follow ICAO, the National Transportation Safety Board and State regulations
- Train airline staff for an emergency response or other crisis situation
- Identify and outline areas for improvement in an emergency response situation
- Emergency response organization and network
- Airline responsibilities and compliance (SMS, FAP, IOSA)
- Alarm and notification
- Emergency response plan
- Station emergency response planning
- Special assistance team basics / Humanitarian Response incl. Inquiry / Family Assistance Center
- Go-Team organization
- Crisis communication basics
- Command center missions
- Emergency response facilities
- Emergency response plan implementation: instruction, training and exercises
- Emergency response exercise
- Business Continuity Planning
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Emergency Response Planners and deputies
- Chief Operating Officers, Emergency Directors and coordinators of emergency command centers
- Go-Team Leaders
- Flight Operations Managers and Ground Operations Managers with a leading role in an Emergency Response
- Station Managers, Special Assistance Team Managers and company spokespersons
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: