Business Aviation Handling and Fixed-Base Operations, FBO (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 83 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Learn the special ground service requirements for business aviation aircraft handling. The business aviation sector handles more than 31,000 aircraft worldwide (EBAA), and this important niche market requires a high level of service and customization from fixed-base operators. Learn best practices in commercial airline ground operations to build a profitable business model. Equip yourself to meet client expectations and deliver consistent service.
Course Code: TAPP-38-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Improve service offering through new services and business ideas
- Make better decisions about outsourcing services, leasing of equipment and front-line staff management
- Analyze the operational and management requirements specific to business aviation for efficient operations
- Identify the differences between standard ground services and FBO activities
- Analyze the economic role of business aviation in the air transport industry
- The FBO business concept
- FBO and common use facilities
- In-house or outsourcing?
- Airport and ground operations
- Private aircraft characteristics
- GSE equipment characteristics
- Standard services during turnaround
- Special services and catering
- Commercial and marketing
- Marketing of FBO services
- The use of IATA SGHA in business aviation
- Standard charge notes and the issue of damage liability
- Customer service concept in business aviation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Ground Service Providers
- Station Managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: