Flight Data Analysis for Airlines (LIVE virtual classroom)
Through interactive self-serve online activities, followed by a series of live sessions with an industry expert, you will get a holistic understanding of a Flight Data Analysis (FDA) program. You will learn the regulations and industry standards that govern FDA and how to comfortably run such a program in your organization. Moreover, you will get to use FDA software and learn to decipher, interpret and review actual flight data including generating usable and valid analytical reports and graphs. This course offers a mix of self-study e-learning activities and live instructor-led virtual classroom sessions.
Course Code: TALS-74-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 21 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 1 live interactive virtual classroom session per day, each session will be 180 minutes, with an additional 60 minutes for live Q&A with the instructor.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- It is important that you complete the e-learning course prior to starting the live virtual classroom sessions.
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Summarize the fundamental regulatory, operational, and technical requirements for flight data analysis (FDA)
- Use FDA software to analyze flight data to establish the validity of events
- Use FDA software to prepare data for evaluation and use within an airline
- Explain how FDA fits in a Safety Assurance and Safety Risk Management
- Establish requirements for an effective FDA program
- Outline the importance of aggregated FDA programs to an organization’s safety performance
- Regulations, standards and recommended practices (SARPs) related to FDA
- Requirements for FDA
- Events, thresholds and exceedances
- Statistical and analytical tools in flight data monitoring.
- FDA in Risk Management models
- Data Protection Regulations
- FDA practical uses in training, fuel efficiency, and continuous airworthiness programs
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Flight data analysts
- Airline managers and safety managers
- Technical Service Engineers and Performance Engineers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.