Human Factors in Ground Operations (Virtual Classroom, 12 hours)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Ground Operations is a service sector where turnaround teams play a key role in safety and on-time performance. Learn how to improve safety and effectiveness in your ground operations with these recommendations for reducing human error.
Course code: TAPG-03-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
7 - 10 September, 2020
Register before 17 Aug, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 17 Aug
All prices are before tax. Class no: 127946
Two sessions daily:
06:30-08:00 & 11:00-12:30 UTC
08:30-10:00 & 13:00-14:30 Geneva
10:30-12:00 & 15:00-16:30 Dubai
14:30-16:00 & 19:00-20:30 Singapore
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Know the human factors that can impact your ground operations
- Evaluate the situation in your operational environment and recommend actions to reduce human error related incidents.
- Cooperate with your teams to address potential threats in your operations
- Manage processes to control human factors in your operations
- Communicate the importance of human factors initiatives to your colleagues and stakeholders
- Introduction to the human factors concept
- The influence of human factors in aviation
- Comparing human error and technical fault incidents
- SMS – safety culture, behaviors, attitudes and beliefs
- Identifying human error and technical fault incidents (exercise)
- Analysis of initiating and modulating factors
- “Top-12” human factor issues in ground operations
- Responsibilities for monitoring, reporting, training and auditing
- Communication, responsibilities and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airport managers and coordinators
- Station managers
- Airport authority operation managers
- Ground service provider staff
- Regulators and inspectors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: