Live Animals Transportation (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 446 participants from 62 countries have taken this course with IATA?
When shipping or accepting live animals for air transportation, you have to know how to use and comply with the IATA Live Animals Regulations (LAR). The IATA LAR is the global standard and essential guide to transporting live animals by air in a safe, humane and cost-effective manner. The expertise acquired in this course will also allow you to identify business development opportunities for your company as this type of transportation requires a high degree of technical skills. Whether you are a shipper, a freight forwarder, an airline or an animal care professional, a working knowledge of LAR is a must to ensure that live animals are transported humanely and in compliance with airline regulations and animal welfare standards. Note: This course meets the training requirements for handling and acceptance personnel, as per the Live Animals Regulations (LAR) Section 1.4
Course Code: TCGP-06-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- Participants should have prior knowledge of air cargo procedures
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
14 - 16 June, 2021
Register before 16 Mar, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 31 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 141003
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Meet compliance standards and master the use of IATA’s Live Animals Regulations (LAR) manual
- Protect the safety and welfare of animals on the ground and in the air
- Review and discuss special routings and animal behaviors
- Identify and implement procedures to handle emergency situations
- Understand the container design principles for live animals.
- Proper use of IATA's Live Animals Regulations manual
- Government and airline regulations
- Shippers' and airlines' responsibilities
- Classification and identification of live animals
- Packaging, documentation and marking requirements for live animal shipments
- Special shipping procedures and considerations for endangered species
- Delay and emergency handling
- Load planning and calculation
- Completion of the Shipper's Certification for Live Animals, the Notification to Captain (NOTOC), and CITES documentation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Customer service
- Reservations and operations staff of airlines
- Airline handlers
- Air cargo forwarders
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
Please note: As per LAR 1.4, this Certificate is only valid for 36 months
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: