Live Animals Cargo Logistics Management (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
About the course
3-day (24 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course is designed to raise the bar for the industry and provides relevant key concepts, building up to a standard audit process, which can be applied within businesses to ensure compliance with common regulations, quality and ethical standards. You will be given the opportunity to familiarize yourself with the concepts of a quality management system (QMS), quality assurance, continuous improvement and other quality service-driving concepts and tools. You will also learn how to use the CEIV Live Animals Logistics Audit Checklist, and develop corrective actions based on your findings to enhance the management of live animal logistics in your organization.
Course code: CELA-02-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 24 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of IATA Live Animals Regulations and have completed the IATA Live Animals Transportation course or equivalent.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
23 - 25 November, 2022
Register before 23 Aug, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 09 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 159942
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Describe the regulatory requirements, welfare considerations and industry challenges of live animal transportation
- Improve the quality of live animal logistics, documentation, operational processes and service
- Recognize key stakeholders in the live animal logistics chain, their interactions and supplier management under the QMS
- Apply Quality Risk Management (QRM) and the CEIV Live Animals concept
- Prepare for the IATA CEIV Live Animals assessment and carry out an IATA CEIV Live Animals audit (checklist)
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- International animal welfare legislation and guidelines
- CEIV Live Animals program: purpose and process
- Quality management systems (QMS)
- Voice of the customer and quality assurance
- Operational standards / Procedures (SOPs) and Critical control points (CCP)
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline management working in: Live Animals Product Management, Cargo Quality, Warehouse and Ramp Operations, Training, Standards and Procedures, Internal Auditors
- Ground Handlers, Freight forwarders and Pet Shipping companies
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.