5-day (40 hours) classroom course
IATA’s Risk-Based IOSA Airline Training course will enable you to acquire all necessary elements to understand the risk-based audit approach, the Maturity assessment tool and applicable maturity criteria for involved processes. Over 5 days of instruction, discussion, role play, interactive exercises, and audit simulation exercises, you will also learn to which extent and how to apply the maturity assessment method to your quality assurance program.
Course code: TALS-95
- Participants should have previous airline auditing knowledge and experience.
- We recommended that you have already taken IATA’s Risk-based IOSA – Program
- Recommended level is Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Summarize the key elements of the risk-based audit approach
- Recognize the process-based audit methodology
- Relate the IOSA methodology and techniques to assess targeted processes for maturity
- Conduct internal maturity assessment applying the IOSA methodology
- Review the maturity assessment
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Risk-based Audit methodologies
- IOSA Audit scoping
- ISARPs risk-level rating
- Process-based approach
- IOSA Processes subject to Maturity assessment
- IOSA method of assessment of Operator’s maturity
- Maturity assessment criteria
- Methods of assessment of maturity
- Maturity assessment report – structure, content and application
- Role play, interactive exercises
- Audit simulation exercises
This course is recommended for:
- Quality, safety and operations managers
- Airline internal auditors
- Quality analysts
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.