Revenue Management in Time of Crises (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 189 participants from 36 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Explore the fundamentals and principles of airline revenue management (RM) through a combination of theory and hands-on practice, and validate your learning using our sophisticated airline revenue management simulator. A special focus will be on revenue management during and after crises like the COVID-19 pandemic. The simulation exercises will immerse you into a realistic, risk-free environment where you will make decisions based on variables such as customer demand patterns (leisure vs. business travelers), individual RM system booking class hierarchy, and restricted and unrestricted fare structures. Your challenge is to optimize your revenue by analyzing KPIs generated in the simulator and take actions based on their evaluation.
Course code: TALM-54-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete, with time spent working with the simulation and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Entry-level
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
1 - 3 June, 2021
Register before 11 May, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 17 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132366
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
16:00-17:30 & 18:30-21:30 Beijing/Singapore
12:00-13:30 & 14:30-17:30 Dubai
10:00-11:30 & 12:30-15:30 Geneva/Paris
8:00-9:30 & 10:30-13:30 UTC
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Americas (IATA)
22 - 24 November, 2021
Register before 24 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 08 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132274
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Describe the fundamental RM methodologies
- Create fare structures
- Optimize revenue per flight
- Evaluate and choose the right revenue management alternatives
- Apply principles of performance monitoring to achieve revenue objectives
- Summarize demand characteristics
- Distinguish forecasting and optimization methodologies
- Track and monitor initiatives and policies
- Revenue management principles and processes
- Airline demand characteristics
- Airline pricing strategies
- Seat inventory control, determination of optimal seat allocations
- Revenue Management Systems: forecast and optimization; application and limitation of revenue management systems
- Revenue management performance measurement
- Reporting, KPIs and analytical methods
- The revenue management organization
Who should attend
This course is recommended for Airline and non-airline staff and specialists in:
- Revenue management and pricing
- Network planning, scheduling
- Reservations, sales, marketing and planning
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: