Security Risk and Crisis Management (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 149 participants from 43 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This course helps you to address security vulnerabilities in your organization and handle the aftermath of a crisis. Improve your understanding of risk management and understand how to prepare a risk assessment of your organization by correctly assessing and quantifying threat. Learn how to minimize risk by reviewing current threats to the aviation industry.
Course Code: TSCS-28-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have at least three years of managerial responsibility including international exposure.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
12 - 16 December, 2022
Register before 11 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 28 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 149507
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Analyze emerging trends in attacks against civil aviation
- Identify areas of vulnerability within your organization
- Prepare a risk assessment for your organization
- Report and recommend countermeasures
- Develop a crisis management plan for your organization
- Improve your communication skills both internally and externally during a crisis
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Intelligence analysis
- Reporting risk assessment findings
- Evaluating aviation security countermeasures
- Identifying areas of vulnerability
- Assessing the vulnerability of facilities
- Applying and integrating risk management (ISO 31000-2009)
- Crisis management planning
- Developing communication skills
- Understanding the role of human error
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline, airport, and civil aviation
- Legislation and administration
- Insurance and aviation security consultation
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Supply Chain Security Management Diploma
Develop your credentials as a cargo security specialist with this specialized program. With subject matter direct from the organizations that set the standards for the industry, you will build a skill set you can use throughout the dynamic air cargo sector.
Aviation Security Management Diploma
Learn how to apply security measures in response to dynamic security demands.