SGHA and SLA Essentials (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 782 participants from 101 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
5-day (15 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
The 2023 version is the latest Standard Ground Handling Agreement (SGHA). Learn about the latest updates and how to use the IATA SGHA as a commercial agreement and services description document. This course covers all the parts of the SGHA, giving you the foundations to write the Annex B and Service Level Agreement (SLA) accurately and effectively.
Course code: TAPP-32-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 5 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Ground Handling Business and Operations.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Identify the differences between 2018 and 2023 versions
- Explain the articles in the main agreement to identify the opportunities and risks the services and descriptions of the Sections in Annex A
- Derive and write a proper Annex B, reflecting the business and operational requirements
- Set achievable and meaningful targets in the SLA, using the new template, enhancing safety and service quality through commonly agreed targets
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Changes in 2023 version compared to 2018 version
- Standard Ground Handling Agreement
- Service Level Agreement
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and GSP Buyers, Sellers, and Contract Managers
- Commercial, Agreement performance, and Service quality managers
- Station managers
- Legal counsel
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.