Passenger Fares and Ticketing - Intermediate (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 56 participants from 13 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Air passengers are always searching for the lowest possible special fares, but cheap fares come with several challenging restrictions. Learn how to interpret special fare conditions and provide alternatives to system pricing failures so you can offer the best deals that consider the accompanying ticket restrictions.
Course Code: TALF-40-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants must have completed the IATA Basic Passenger Fares and Ticketing course and covered the core elements of the Mileage System Principle.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Differentiate between normal and special fares
- Identify types of pricing units
- Apply the special fare Higher Intermediate Point (HIP) check
- Construct special fares: one-way, round trip, circle trip, open jaw
- Analyse fare notes and apply the most restrictive conditions
- Determine and collect Q surcharges and stopover fees
- Quote the lowest applicable special fare
- Recognize Electronic Miscellaneous Document data elements
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Carrier routing fares versus mileage fares
- Fare note categories
- Special fare analysis
- Special fare quotes: one-way, round and circle trips, open jaw
- Fare directionalities
- Stopover and transfer fees
- Q surcharges
- Local combination of special fares versus end-on combinations
- Reservation change fees and related charges
- Recognizing Electronic Ticket (ET) and Electronic Miscellaneous Document (EMD) data elements
- Interactive online assignments
- Special fare exercises and analysis
- Manual fare calculation and simulation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Tariff/pricing analysts
- Revenue accountants
- Experienced ticketing staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Revenue Accounting and Control Diploma - Passenger Stream
Get the vital tools and techniques to protect your hard-earned revenue and improve your bottom-line.