Training Needs Assessment (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 143 participants from 34 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
In this three-day course, we will explore all aspects of Training Needs Assessment so that you will be better equipped to respond effectively to requests from your supervisors, colleagues or peers when asked for performance improvement interventions. You will be armed with the tools and knowledge that will ensure that you can ask the right questions, find the answers to performance problems, and uncover opportunities for improvement. These skills will enable a more strategic approach to improving the overall performance at the individual, operational and organizational level.
Course Code: TAPH-01-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have experience with Instructional Design and/or Instructional techniques.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
11 - 13 July, 2023
Register before Apr 11, 2023 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 27 Jun
Find out more about our Early Bird Terms.
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 172973
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits to the organization in implementing a Training Needs Assessment in order to improve performance
- Identify and explain the steps in the Training Needs Assessment process needed to identify performance gaps and their root cause
- Identify and overcome the barriers and challenges when trying to implement a Training Needs Assessment
- Identify issues/problems with performance, or opportunities to improve performance in your organization or work team
- Determine when training is the appropriate response to a human performance problem or opportunity
- Determine Return on Investment (ROI) and measure training effectiveness
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Training Needs Assessment process
- Performance gaps and their causes
- Tools and techniques for Training Needs Assessment
- Data analysis interviews
- Barriers and challenges to Training Needs Assessment
- Overcoming barriers and challenges to Training Needs Assessment
- Training Needs Assessment blueprint
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- HR managers
- Training managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma