Training Needs Assessment (Classroom)
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 143 participants from 34 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
In this three-day course, we will explore all aspects of Training Needs Assessment so that you will be better equipped to respond effectively to requests from your supervisors, colleagues or peers when asked for performance improvement interventions. You will be armed with the tools and knowledge that will ensure that you can ask the right questions, find the answers to performance problems and uncover opportunities for improvement. These skills will enable a more strategic approach to improving the overall performance at the individual, operational and organizational level.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPH-01
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have experience with Instructional Design and/or
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
2 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
14 - 16 December, 2022
Register before 13 Sep, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 23 Nov
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148922
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the benefits to the organization in implementing a Training Needs Assessment in order to improve performance
- Identify and explain the steps in the Training Needs Assessment process needed to identify performance gaps and their root cause
- Identify and overcome the barriers and challenges when trying to implement a Training Needs Assessment
- Identify issues/problems with performance, or opportunities to improve performance in your organization or work team
- Determine when training is the appropriate response to a human performance problem or opportunity
- Determine Return on Investment (ROI) and measure training effectiveness
- Training Needs Assessment process
- Performance gaps and their causes
- Tools and techniques for Training Needs Assessment
- Data analysis interviews
- Barriers and challenges to Training Needs Assessment
- Overcoming barriers and challenges to Training Needs Assessment
- Training Needs Assessment blueprint
- Case studies
- Group exercises
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- HR managers
- Training managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Professional Training Diploma
Skills to become an effective instructor and develop your career in training.
Dr. Eric Kumkani, HOD, Corporate Development Centre, South African Airways
What fascinated me most about the program is its emphasis on performance improvement as the ultimate end of training and development. I'm delighted to have participated in this program from which I learnt considerably. I strongly recommend this course to any manager serious enough about performance improvement and profitability in their organizations.