The ultimate reference for air cargo transportation
The Air Cargo Tariff and Rules (TACT) provides air cargo professionals with the comprehensive information they require to efficiently transport air cargo worldwide. TACT Rules is the definitive source for shipping and accepting air cargo, comprising of industry, country and carrier regulations. TACT Rates offers you the most current industry, carrier and pre-constructed rates. It contains 5 million rates for 350,000 city pairs and is the most comprehensive global rates database in the industry.
Launched in 2017 - IATA Net Rates
For effortless air cargo rates distribution, this efficient solution allows airlines and forwarders to manage their air cargo rates in an automated, centralized and secured net rates distribution environment. IATA Net Rates increases speed-to-market as well as accuracy of net rates distribution. Learn more by visiting IATA Net Rates
Always updated, TACT gives you rapid access to all TACT Rates and Rules. This vast source of information is used by more than 70,000 air cargo professionals and covers over 221 countries and territories in order to:
- Enable accurate and timely decisions throughout the air cargo supply chain
- Allow airlines to be more visible to freight forwarders worldwide
- Enable airlines and freight forwarders to make decisions more efficiently and offer more competitive pricing and services
- Allow airlines, forwarders, agents, ground handlers, brokers, customs authorities, and airports to stay up-to-date with the latest industry regulations.
- Industry, country and carrier rules
- IATA rules on the acceptance of goods and Air Waybill completion
- Country rules, regulations and charges on import, transit and export
- Airport and storage facilities, handling equipment
- Airline, city and airport codes, AWB prefixes
Rates & surcharges
- Industry and carrier specific rates
- 4,5 million rates for 350,000 city pairs
- Industry, country and carrier specific charges for charges collect, class rates and dangerous goods
- Calculation of charges and cargo claims
e-Customs & security
- Security with ACC3 and ACAS
- e-Customs section with Advanced Cargo Information (ACI)
Made to meet your specific needs
TACT meets your specific needs and comes in different versions.
- IATA Net Rates:The powerful net rates distribution system that connects airlines and forwarders, privately and securely.
- TACT Online: Search the rates and rules from a web browser. It doesn’t get easier!
- TACT eReader: Get the rates, rules and more in eReader format. It works offline!
- TACT Data: Data feed of the TACT Rates. Integrate rates into your system.
- TACT Web Services: Get the rates information you need, instantly!
- TACT Manual: The complete rules and rates in print. A very convenient backup.
- TACT Participation: Publish your own rates and rules in TACT. Now with self-publishing for rates.
TACT’s Sourcing vision is to enable airlines and other aviation partners to securely manage their cargo and cargo document verification process by providing solutions containing 100% reliable information.
To ensure that the information in TACT is as accurate as possible, TACT continues to partner with airlines and airports and develop close bilateral relations with government regulators worldwide. Considerable effort is put into convincing governments to proactively send updates on cargo requirements to the TACT team. This benefits all those involved in the cargo document compliance process, namely, airlines, freight forwarders, handling agents, airports and customs authorities worldwide.
Benefits of joining TACT Sourcing
As well as ensuring that airlines, freight forwarders and handling agents are compliant with border control cargo rules and regulations at the time of booking, TACT users benefit from a variety of solutions enabling them to access information on up-to-date documentation requirements before, during and after the booking process.
Reliability is key. This means that government and industry support is critical.
Join TACT Sourcing network
We would like to invite global airport authorities and government agencies to join our extensive sourcing network to ensure that TACT users can always count on reliable information.
Become a dedicated source and use this opportunity to further promote the cargo facilities and services, of the country you represent, to a global audience.
Airlines: make sure you are in TACT
Join TACT and share your rules and rates information with over 70,000 cargo professionals worldwide. Find out more about your benefits (pdf).
Interested in becoming a TACT reseller?
Become an IATA Publications Sales Agent for TACT today and leverage the IATA brand and expertise to expand your regional business. Contact us to learn more about the discounted pricing available to resellers today.