Managing Air Cargo Operations (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 75 participants from 25 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (16 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Master the techniques of planning, building and managing Air Cargo Operations. In a world of increasing competition, a clear business strategy is crucial, and more important than ever before. Learn how to define a correct business strategy and also to put that strategy into action. The techniques presented in this course will help you to save money, avoid risks, enhance your cargo operations and achieve profitable growth in today’s and tomorrow’s business environment. It will show you how to develop an effective Air Cargo Operations strategy and manage it successfully.
Course Code: TCGP-69-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 16 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Recognize the Cargo operations management framework
- Gain insight on the development of strategies, initiatives to introduce and sustain competitivee Cargo operations
- Focus on lean six sigma best practices, tools and models to develop and implement effective operations
- Discuss the management tools and techniques used to manage day-to-day operations successfully
- Develop your management, finance, negotiation, and planning skills
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Regulatory requirements for storage of medicinal products
- General requirements for storage areas for Time and Temperature Controlled Products
- Use of Electronic Data Logging Monitor (EDLMS)
- Pharma specific storage area requirements
- Temperature mapping study preparation and execution
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Cargo operational staff with substantial cargo industry experience
- Airline station managers and supervisors responsible for cargo operations
- Cargo officers with some experience in the air cargo industry
- Ground operations managers and supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Air Cargo Management Diploma
Understand the complex and changing issues required to maximize all aspects of the cargo business.
Pharmaceutical Handling Diploma
Preparing you with the regulatory and operational foundations you need to start handling temperature-controlled shipments and show you how to build specialized pharmaceutical services into your daily operations.