Crisis Communications and Media Response for Airport and Station Managers (Classroom, 2 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 89 participants from 18 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Are your local staff and representatives prepared to speak to the media at a time of crisis? Learn how to handle media response in an emergency situation from its onset, before the corporate media response team takes over. Gain communication skills to provide adequate and structured information to the media, while avoiding common errors that lead to confusion and negative attention.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPP-39
- This classroom course provides 2 days (16 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have clear understanding of emergency response and airline business
- Recommended level is Intermediate
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Hong Kong SAR, Hong Kong (JAA-RTP)
8 - 9 November, 2021
Please register by 18 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 139138
This class is offered in cooperation with JARDINE AIRPORT SERVICES LIMITED.
For information and to register, please contact:
Jardine Aviation Academy
4/F CNAC House, 12 Tung Fai Road
Hong Kong International Airport
Tel: +852 2216 2433
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
France, Paris (IATA)
16 - 17 November, 2021
Register before 16 Aug, 2021 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 26 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132061
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Recognize common media pressure points and the implications these have on a response
Present information without room for misinterpretation
Take control during interviews and develop key messages
Select the right spokesperson in a crisis situation
Protect your company’s image and brand when handling a crisis situation
Emergency Response Planning key factors
Stakeholder objectives during a crisis
Informal press briefings
Social media management and response
How to say “no” to an interview and during an interview
Practical guidelines for interaction with the media
- On-camera interview to practice recorded and ‟live‟ press briefings skills.
- Performance evaluation is provided with strengths and areas for improvement.
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
Airline Station Managers and Country Managers
Ground Handling Managers and Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
A confidential evaluation of individual crisis response skills is available upon request at the end of the course.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: