Airline Business Diversification: Generating Ancillary Revenues (Classroom, 4 days)
Some of these topics are also explored in the following virtual classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 196 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
Ancillary revenue is generated through direct or indirect sales to passengers as a part of the travel experience, through a la carte features, commission-based products, frequent flier programs, and advertising sold by the airline. In the last decade, ancillary revenues have grown to approach US$50 billion within the airline industry.
Ancillary Sales are now common practice in all airlines, from ultra-low cost carriers to premium legacy carriers. Through case studies and discussions, learn how ancillary sales work, the impact on airline and distribution systems, and how to develop ancillary revenue.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TALG-82
- This classroom course provides 4 days (32 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
18 - 21 October, 2021
Register before 27 Sep, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 27 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 142495
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
China, Shanghai (IATA)
26 - 29 October, 2021
Register before 05 Oct, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 05 Oct
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132033
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different types of ancillary revenues and how they change revenue streams
- Determine the range of benefits that can be expected
- Assess the risks associated with the ancillary revenues implementation
- Evaluate ancillaries’ offer and which sales channels to distribute
- Determine the cost and value of ancillary revenue implementation
- Identify the system requirements including, revenue management and pricing
- Ancillary sales and their impact on airline and distribution systems
- History of ancillary revenue
- Ancillary revenue streams
- Impact of ancillary revenue on IT systems
- Importance of ancillary revenues
- Costs and revenue associated with ancillary products
- Implementation challenges
- Passenger services under the airline ancillary service
- Distribution channel management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline sales and marketing managers
- Airline finance and account managers
- Distribution managers
- Website and IT managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: