Airline Business Diversification: Generating Ancillary Revenues (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Airline ancillary revenues are generated through direct or indirect sales to passengers as a part of the travel experience, through a la carte features, commission-based products, frequent flier programs, and advertising sold by the airline. In the last decade ancillary revenues have grown to approach US$50 billion within the airline industry. The Covid-19 pandemic has further highlighted the need for airline revenue diversification. Generating additional ancillary revenues are now considered to be a key factor in facilitating airline recoveries worldwide for all business models, from ultra-low-cost carriers to premium legacy carriers. Through case studies and discussions forums learn how ancillary sales work, the impact on airline and distribution systems, and how to prioritise and develop lucrative ancillary revenue streams.
Course code: TALG-82-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- There are no prerequisites for this course
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
5 - 8 April, 2021
Register before 05 Jan, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 22 Mar
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132157
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
20 - 23 September, 2021
Register before 22 Jun, 2021 for a 20% discount
Please register by 06 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132293
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Assess the impact ancillary revenues can have on airline business diversification in a post Covid-19 environment
- Recognize different types of ancillary revenues andhow they change revenue streams
- Assess the risks associated with the ancillary revenues implementation
- Evaluate different airline ancillary offerings and distributions channels
- Determine the cost and value of ancillary revenueImplementation
- Identify the system requirements including, revenue management and pricing
- Analysis of airline ancillary revenues in a post Covid-19 environment
- Ancillary sales and their impact on airlines and distribution systems
- Ancillary revenue streams
- Impact of ancillary revenue on IT systems
- Distribution channel management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline sales and marketing managers
- Airline finance and account managers
- Distribution managers
- Commercial managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: