Airline Business Diversification: Generating Ancillary Revenues (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 196 participants from 26 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
Ancillary revenue is generated through direct or indirect sales to passengers as a part of the travel experience, through a la carte features, commission-based products, frequent flier programs, and advertising sold by the airline. In the last decade, ancillary revenues have grown to approach US$50 billion within the airline industry.
Ancillary Sales are now common practice in all airlines, from ultra-low cost carriers to premium legacy carriers. Through case studies and discussions, learn how ancillary sales work, the impact on airline and distribution systems, and how to develop ancillary revenue.
Course code: TALG-82-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
18 - 21 October, 2022
Register before 18 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 04 Oct
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 148393
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
10:00-11:30 & 12:00-13:30 Beijing/Singapore
6:00-7:30 & 08:00-09:30 Dubai
4:00-5:30 & 6:00-7:30 Geneva/Paris
2:00-3:30 & 4:00-5:30 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Recognize different types of ancillary revenues and how they change revenue streams
- Determine the range of benefits that can be expected
- Assess the risks associated with the ancillary revenues implementation
- Evaluate ancillaries’ offer and which sales channels to distribute
- Determine the cost and value of ancillary revenue implementation
- Identify the system requirements including, revenue management and pricing
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Ancillary sales and their impact on airline and distribution systems
- History of ancillary revenue
- Ancillary revenue streams
- Impact of ancillary revenue on IT systems
- Importance of ancillary revenues
- Costs and revenue associated with ancillary products
- Implementation challenges
- Passenger services under the airline ancillary service
- Distribution channel management
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline sales and marketing managers
- Airline finance and account managers
- Distribution managers
- Website and IT managers
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Airline Sales Maximization Diploma
Achieve commercial objectives and stay competitive. Learn to gain market share, increase product awareness, and sustain growth.
Revenue Management Diploma
Are you looking for a career in Revenue Management?
Airline Management Diploma
Gain the skills to anticipate, respond, and adapt to the demands of a changing industry.