1-day (6 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
IATA's Building an Effective Business Case in Aviation course concentrates on the fundamental concepts and most valuable strategies for creating a successful business case. It emphasizes the significance of adopting a business case-oriented approach to decision-making, elucidates the value of business cases, and sheds light on how you can transform sound business concepts into influential commercial and/or operational projects. You will engage in hands-on exercises, exchange your business ideas, and learn how to turn those ideas into successful business cases.
Course Code: TCVG-94-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 6 hours to complete and be held over 1 day.
- There will be 3 live interactive virtual classroom sessions, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Entry-level and Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the B2B Training Specialist in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Build awareness about what an effective business case is, and why it is needed
- Recognize the main factors that make a business case a good business case
- Describe how Airlines and others use best base practices to drive innovation via business cases
- Assess what a successful business case looks like and learn how to build effective business cases
- List practical examples to recognize which KPIs are used to measure business case efficiency
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Business idea: origin, purpose and objective
- Why is the business case approach needed?
- The main criteria of an effective business case
- Business case KPIs and questions checklist
- Practical examples of business cases
- Building a business case together
This course is recommended for:
- Flight and cabin operations professionals
- Engineers, MRO and tech services managers
- Ops managers (GO, OCC, Safety, Compliance)
- New and aspiring aviation industry entrants
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.