Aviation Cyber Security (LIVE virtual classroom)
You can also take this course in-person, in a classroom
Did you know that in the past 3 years, 229 participants from 58 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
3-day (18 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
This virtual classroom course was developed to address and enable learners to obtain DGR certificates under current travel and business limitations due to COVID-19.
In an industry where almost every business depends on IT systems and the confidentiality and reliability of its data, cyber security is a fast-emerging threat to operations. This course will help your organization determine where to start in what can seem like a never-ending effort to protect your information and systems. Starting with awareness training, the first and most important step to preventing cybercrime, you will learn about common attack methods used by today’s cybercriminal and the potential vulnerabilities in aviation systems. Using the insight you receive from case studies and demonstrations from IT experts, you will then learn the right questions to ask when conducting a risk assessment in an aviation business. Many airlines and airports have robust systems in place to address common hacking threats, but a holistic approach to the broader aviation IT infrastructure is still needed. Open to airline, airport, regulator and IT provider staff, this course provides a perfect platform for all key stakeholders to work toward a common framework.
Course Code: TSCS-59-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 18 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
10 - 12 October, 2022
Register before 10 Jul, 2022 to take advantage of the 20% Early Bird discount (only for payment by credit card or ICH)*. The price below includes this discount. *Terms apply
Please register by 26 Sep
All prices are before tax and include applicable discounts.
Class no: 163915
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
15:00-17:00 & 18:00-20:00 Beijing/Singapore
11:00-13:00 & 14:00-16:00 Dubai
9:00-11:00 & 12:00-14:00 Geneva/Paris
7:00-9:00 & 10:00-12:00 UTC
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Locate and prioritize cyber risks in aviation businesses
- Deploy assessment tools specific to cyber related risk
- Analyze your company’s cyber risk profile
- Recommend risk mitigation processes
- Implement Cyber Security Management System (CSMS) guiding principles in your business
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- The current cyber threat landscape
- Common methods of attack, including sniffer attacks, insider threat, trojan horse, identity spoofing and upstream attacks
- Airline systems and vulnerabilities
- Lessons learned from real cyber security incidents
- International regulation and legislation, including ICAO Annex 17 and EU Common Security and Defense Policy
- Cyber threat assessment and risk management
- Cyber security management system
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Airline and airport security management
- IT developers and management
- Government and regulator staff
- IT service provider staff
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in:
Supply Chain Security Management Diploma
Develop your credentials as a cargo security specialist with this specialized program. With subject matter direct from the organizations that set the standards for the industry, you will build a skill set you can use throughout the dynamic air cargo sector.
Aviation Security Management Diploma
Learn how to apply security measures in response to dynamic security demands.