BSP Essentials for Travel Agents (e-learning)
About the course
18- hour e-learning course
BSP Essentials for Travel Agents is a training course providing essential knowledge of the Billing and Settlement Plan (BSP), specifically for travel agents. It is designed to raise your awareness of the BSP system and processes, and improve an Agent’s efficiency and level of knowledge.
This course is intended to explain elements of the BSP system that are common to
all parts of the world and is divided into five learning modules covering the
fundamental components of the BSP system followed by an exam:
Course code: TTTG-49
Considerable discounts are available for multiple purchases (30+ users) of this course. Please contact us for more information.
- This e-learning course requires approximately 18 hours of study, to be completed within 6 months.
- After the enrollment validity expires, the users will not have access to the course content and will not be able to take the exam/assessment.
- The recommended level for this course is Intermediate.
- Student performance will be based on an exam/assessment. Please refer to the Exam/Assessment Information below for more details.
Important: Please note that if you are purchasing courses for more than one person, you must create a User Account for each individual. Registration and payment must be done through each User Account. You cannot use one User Account to purchase courses for multiple individuals. However, you may pay for multiple individuals by one credit card or bank transfer through each individual’s User Account. If you pay by bank transfer, please attach a copy of the bank transfer issued by the sender’s bank to each individual’s order.
Course fee by user
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
- Understand basic BSP processes, common terms, abbreviations, reporting calendar and billing reports
- Use the BSPlink tool and various BSPlink functions to manage in-office BSP operations
- Perform all procedures related to document refunding and voiding
- Process credit card payments and prevent credit card fraud
- Investigate the status of BSP transactions and handle remittance procedures
- Manage agency credit and debit memos
- The IATA Billing and Settlement Plan
- BSPlink training
- BSP standard traffic documents
- BSP agent billing reports and remittance procedures
- IATA Accreditation
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Travel agency owners
- Accountants and travel agency back-office personnel
- Travel agents
- Airline billing staff
Upon successful completion of the exam/assessment, you will be awarded a Certificate that you can print for your records.
Please read the General Information on Self-study exams.
- Delivery method: Unsupervised online-based exam. Assessment can be taken at any time at your convenience.
- Format: 50 multiple-choice questions
- Time allowance: 2 hours
- Passing grade: 70% correct answers
- Distinction: 90% correct answers
- Number of exam/assessment attempts: 1
Important note: The exam/assessment should be accessed after you have completed the course module. Once you have started the assessment you can no longer access the course module.