Did you know that in the past 2 years, 661 participants from 98 countries have taken this course with IATA?
5-day (40 hours) classroom course
This course is recommended for Instructors of Dangerous Goods training as per IATA's DGR - section 1.5
Find out more about the CBTA approach, current courses and previous corresponding categories.
Under a Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) approach, the instructor plays a critical role in facilitating the trainees’ progression toward their achievement of relevant competencies. The instructor is also required to be actively involved in evaluating the effectiveness of the training program to support continuous improvement. In this course, you will acquire techniques and strategies to plan robust CBTA-compliant dangerous goods training programs. You will learn how to develop training sessions, impart knowledge through active learning, sequence learning activities to ensure an effective mix and flow, and conclude training sessions with an emphasis on a competency-focused approach. You will have ample opportunities to learn and practice a variety of core techniques to lead adult learning, communication and presentation skills, and effective facilitation techniques. Furthermore, you will obtain practical, workable solutions for successful classroom management and media usage.
Course Code: CECB-08
- Participants should have successfully completed a relevant dangerous goods training program and possess a valid certificate attesting the same.
- Recommended level is Intermediate.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 or the equivalent for courses held in languages other than English.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company, please complete the in-house training request form or contact the Training Specialist in your region.
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
- Apply a regulatory framework using a CBTA approach
- Recognize CBTA concepts and their benefits to all stakeholders
- Recognize the “analyze, design and develop” process and apply it to dangerous goods training
- Implement a competency-based training and assessment strategy and plan
- Acquire techniques and strategies to plan and deliver robust CBTA compliant dangerous goods training programs
- Contribute to the overall effectiveness and quality of the training program
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- Interpreting CBTA concepts, principles, benefits
- Understanding competency factors
- Recognizing stakeholders and their roles and responsibilities in CBTA
- Using a CBTA approach to develop, implement, and execute effective instructional and assessment plans
- Understanding and applying adult learning principles
- Learning practical facilitation techniques
- Applying facilitation techniques for effective classroom management in face-to-face or virtual environments
- Designing engaging visual or electronic aids required for the training unit
- Mastering communication and presentation skills
- Analyzing and evaluating feedback to ensure continuous improvement
- Lectures and Interactive discussions
- Group work, exercises and presentations
This course is recommended for:
- Dangerous Goods instructors, trainers and assessors
- Supervisors and line managers involved in training and assessment
- Companies aiming to obtain IATA CBTA Center certification
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 80% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher. Please note: This certificate is valid for 24 months.