Dangerous Goods Quality Specialist Diploma
About the diploma
This diploma will provide you with the skills to teach all aspects of the Dangerous Goods Regulations. You will be equipped with knowledge of the most current regulations, instruction methodologies and the expertise you need to prepare your organization for audit or inspection. You will be able to train all categories of dangerous goods training, including instructing a variety of staff engaged in the shipment of goods by air.
The regulatory requirements for transporting dangerous goods by air are complex and detailed. The IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations Quality Specialist Diploma helps you understand the intricacies of the regulations, allowing you to safely and efficiently handle this special cargo and step beyond the operations to auditing and advisory.
What you will learn
Upon completion of this diploma you will be able to:
- Overcome the technical nature of DGR and provide your students with a memorable learning experience
- Learn the aspects of DGR auditing and inspections
- Design exciting training strategies to give your organization a competitive edge
- Utilize tools to plan and conduct dangerous goods audit
- Learn to evaluate, plan, implement and execute effective training programs
- Master effective communication and presentation skills
- Understand the principles of learning theory and deliver immediate results
- Preparing and performing audits
- IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations manual
- Standards and regulatory requirements
- Plan and conduct a training session
- Adult learning
- Lithium Batteries shipping
- Legal requirements, operational restrictions, packaging instructions, marking, labeling and documentation regulations related to the of dangerous goods by air
Who should attend
- Airline, Airport, Handling agents Freight Forwarders involved in air cargo and DG operations
- Dangerous Goods personnel and managers that wishes to enhance their professional scope for training and internal inspectors
Candidates must complete 4 Required courses and 1 Elective course within three years.
A passing mark of 80% is required on all assignments and exams. A special distinction is awarded to candidates who obtain a distinction in all, or all but one, of all course exams and assignments that make up this Diploma.
How to obtain your diploma
- Complete all 4 Required and 1 selected Elective course that make up the Diploma, within 3 years.
- Please contact us on our Customer Portal to request your diploma, stating the title of the diploma you are applying for and the list of courses you completed for that diploma.
- IATA Training will issue your diploma upon verification of your eligibility.
To receive the diploma candidates must complete
- 4 Required courses
- 1 Elective courses
Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) for Auditors and Inspectors (classroom)
Learn how to perform regulatory oversight for the air transportation of dangerous goods using the IATA DGR and ICAO Technical Instructions.
Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) Initial Category 6 (classroom)
Gain the competencies to accept, handle and process shipments containing dangerous goods according to the current edition of the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR) manual.
Professional Skills for DGR Instructors - Categories 1,2,3,6 (classroom)
Confidently apply instructional design principles and instructional techniques to design and deliver an IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations training program.
Shipping Lithium Batteries by Air (classroom)
Acquire the skills and knowledge to pack and ship lithium batteries by air, in compliance with the ICAO Technical Instruction and IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations (DGR).
Air Cargo Security (classroom)
Threat assessment and planning techniques to help your business comply with recent changes to air cargo security regulations.
Competency-Based Training for Dangerous Goods Instructional Designers (classroom)
Learn how to accurately analyze the training needs and use the outcome to design a robust Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) dangerous goods training and assessment program.
Competency-Based Training for Dangerous Goods Instructors (classroom)
Acquire techniques and strategies to plan robust Competency-Based Training and Assessment (CBTA) compliant dangerous goods training programs.
Security Audit and Quality Control (classroom)
Ensure your compliance with ICAO Annex 17 audit requirements, plus international and national security programs. Learn how to conduct audits and quality control across multiple security segments.