IGOM Implementation and Standardized Procedures (Classroom, 3 days)
This course has been developed to complement the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) Seminar and Workshops organized by IATA in various regions to support the industry in the implementation of IGOM. In this course, you will learn the scope, applicability and benefits of IGOM. You will also be able to prepare an implementation strategy and run an IGOM implementation project within your company, which will lead the integration of IGOM into your operations.
The IGOM has been developed as the single industry manual for ground operations defining ground handling procedures for airlines and ground service providers to ensure ground operations activities are accomplished safely, efficiently, and effectively. Procedures reflect the minimum standards as identified by the aviation industry, striving to reduce operational complexity, training requirements, injuries and ground damages. IGOM is also the reference tool for ISAGO audits as an acceptable means of compliance.
This course is available at IATA Training Centers and Regional Training Partner locations, and on-demand as in-house training.
Course code: TAPP-41
- This classroom course provides 3 days (24 hours) of instruction delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Ground operations and processes in the scope of the IGOM
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
- To attend a class scheduled at one of our training centers: Register early and save up to 20%! Please read the Terms for the early bird discount. The discount will be calculated at the time of payment.
- To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
View more details
View fewer details
Singapore, Singapore (IATA)
14 - 16 October, 2020
Register before 23 Sep, 2020 for a USD100 discount
Please register by 23 Sep
All prices are before tax. Class no: 109931
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Netherlands, Amsterdam (IATA)
15 - 17 December, 2020
Register before 16 Sep, 2020 for a 20% discount
Please register by 24 Nov
All prices are before tax. Class no: 109929
What you will learn
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the scope and applicability of IGOM
- Design and conduct an IGOM Implementation project
- Complete a Gap Analysis between IGOM and your company GOM
- Prepare the IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Integrate IGOM into a company’s own GOM
- Communicate and assign the responsibilities for monitoring, training and oversight
- Monitor and report on the IGOM benefits
- IGOM applicability and specifics procedures
- IGOM Implementation Project
- IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Gap Analysis Techniques
- Review the internal GOM and providing assistance with the Gap Analysis
- Integration of IGOM within a company’s own existing procedures
- IGOM Updates
- State Variations
- Communication with stakeholders
- IGOM Benefits
- Responsibility for monitoring, reporting, training
- Examples of GOM reviews and gap analysis
Every participant receives a complimentary electronic copy of the latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM). It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
* Please check the system requirements for the installation of the IGOM
The IGOM software web download* (single user license) represents a value of $155 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground Operations managers
- Procedure and policy developers
- Safety and Risk managers
- Quality and Compliance managers
- Station managers and Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: