IGOM Implementation and Standardized Procedures (LIVE virtual classroom)
Did you know that in the past 4 years, 100 participants from 32 countries have taken this course with IATA?
About the course
4-day (12 hours) LIVE virtual classroom course
p>This course has been developed to complement the IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) Seminar and Workshops organized by IATA in various regions to support the industry in the implementation of IGOM. In this course, you will learn the scope, applicability and benefits of IGOM. You will also be able to prepare an implementation strategy and run an IGOM implementation project within your company, which will lead the integration of IGOM into your operations. The IGOM has been developed as the single industry manual for ground operations defining ground handling procedures for airlines and ground service providers to ensure ground operations activities are accomplished safely, efficiently, and effectively. Procedures reflect the minimum standards as identified by the aviation industry, striving to reduce operational complexity, training requirements, injuries and ground damages. IGOM is also the reference tool for ISAGO audits as an acceptable means of compliance.
Course Code: TAPP-41-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 12 hours to complete and be held over 4 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 90 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos.
- Student performance will be based on an assessment.
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training.
- Participants should have prior knowledge of Ground operations and processes in the scope of the IGOM.
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced.
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
There are no scheduled classes at the moment
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will be able to:
Understand the scope and applicability of IGOM
- Design and conduct an IGOM Implementation project
- Complete a Gap Analysis between IGOM and your company GOM
- Prepare the IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Integrate IGOM into a company’s own GOM
- Communicate and assign the responsibilities for monitoring, training and oversight
- Monitor and report on the IGOM benefits
The key topics that are covered during this course include:
- IGOM applicability and specifics procedures
- IGOM Implementation Project
- IGOM Implementation Strategy
- Gap Analysis Techniques
- Review the internal GOM and providing assistance with the Gap Analysis
- Integration of IGOM within a company’s own existing procedures
- IGOM Updates
- State Variations
- Communication with stakeholders
- IGOM Benefits
- Responsibility for monitoring, reporting, training
- Examples of GOM reviews and gap analysis
Every participant receives a complimentary copy of the latest IATA Ground Operations Manual (IGOM) in e-book format.
It is an indispensable field publication that you will refer to throughout this course and in your day-to-day duties.
The latest version of the IGOM (single user license) represents a value of $155 included in the price of this course!
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Ground Operations managers
- Procedure and policy developers
- Safety and Risk managers
- Quality and Compliance managers
- Station managers and Supervisors
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on all exercises and exams. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.