Instructional Techniques (LIVE virtual classroom)
These topics and more are covered in greater detail in the following traditional classroom course:
Did you know that in the past 5 years, 572 participants from 68 countries have taken this course with IATA?
It takes more than technical competence for you to successfully deliver aviation training. This course will develop your knowledge, skills, and attitudes required to effectively develop, conduct and evaluate a course. Learn how to use the skills needed to conduct an effective training program to create a positive learning environment; coach and motivate trainees; manage conflict, and much more.
Course code: TAPH-03-VC
- The live sessions of this virtual classroom course are delivered by an official IATA Instructor.
- The course will take you approximately 15 hours to complete and be held over 3 consecutive days.
- There will be 2 live interactive virtual classroom sessions per day, each session will be 120-180 minutes.
- The live sessions will require your participation, with multiple Q&A sessions and additional time spent on self-study material including projects, research, additional reading and videos
- Student performance will be based on an assessment
Please verify your hardware, software and network to support your upcoming course with IATA Training
- It is recommended to have competed the Instructional Design course (3 days) prior to this training
- Recommended level is Intermediate and Advanced
- The recommended level of language proficiency is ICAO Operational Level 4 for courses in English or the equivalent level for other languages.
How to register
To arrange in-house training for your company: Complete the in-house training request form or contact the salesperson in your region.
We schedule our virtual classroom courses through one of 3 virtual venues, each in a different time zone for your convenience. For more information, please visit our page on virtual classroom timing or contact our Customer Portal.
Please check the exact schedule of each class below (View more details) and click ‘Register’.
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session Asia (IATA)
15 - 17 June, 2021
Register before 25 May, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 31 May
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132190
1 additional classes are scheduled
View more details
View fewer details
Virtual Session EMEA (IATA)
26 - 28 July, 2021
Register before 05 Jul, 2021 to take advantage of the USD100 Early Bird discount. The price below includes this discount.
Please register by 12 Jul
All prices are before tax. Class no: 132456
Virtual Classroom Training Information
2 daily LIVE sessions:
15:00-18:00 & 19:00-22:00 Beijing/Singapore
11:00-14:00 & 15:00-18:00 Dubai
9:00-12:00 & 13:00-16:00 Geneva/Paris
7:00-10:00 & 11:00-14:00 UTC
What you will learn
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Demonstrate how to effectively, prepare for, start, conduct and wrap-up a training event
- Apply basic principles of learner-centered training by identifying and selecting appropriate instructional techniques
- Practice the basic skills of a facilitative approach to training
- Evaluate the effectiveness of a training event and your skill as a learner-centered instructor
- Role of the instructor and instructor attributes
- Working with lesson plans, objectives, learning outcomes
- Handling classroom dynamics
- Cognitive vs experiential learning
- Use of games, exercises and visual aids
- Course evaluation and feedback
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- Training specialists and managers
- Subject matter experts with little instructional experience
An IATA Certificate of Completion is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 70% or higher on an assessment. A special distinction is awarded to participants obtaining a grade of 90% or higher.
This course is a step toward earning an IATA Diploma in: